One of the struggles that I have to face almost every day is abating my dark circles. Due to late night works or any kind of pressure creates a black shade around my eyes. Nowadays, most of the people suffer from insomnia and as such having dark circles is very common for teenagers. You might have seen different videos using coffee, charcoal and so on to get rid of the spot. But these can barely give you a perfect result.
So today I have come up with 6 natural homemade ways of how to get rid of the adamant dark circles.
Almond oil is very beneficial for delicate skin. To get a good result-
- Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.
- Leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, wash it off with cold water.
- Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.
Cucumbers are the most ancient way we use to apply for dark circles. I prefer to use cucumber more than any other element, as it is easily available and you can use it anytime even just before going outside. To get the refreshing effect-
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
- Another option is to mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Follow this remedy daily for at least one week.
- Raw Potato:
Raw potatoes carry natural bleaching agents that helps to lighten your dark shades. You can use it by making slices of it just like cucumber or you can make juice out of it and apply around your eyes with a cotton ball. Remember to keep the juice to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rose Water:
Rose water is generally used to brighten the skin tone but it also helps at removing dark circles. You can follow the rules while applying-
- Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for a few minutes.
- Put the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks
Tomatoes have also bleaching property same as raw potatoes.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
- You can also drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. For maximum results, be sure to drink this juice immediately after making it. Drink it once or twice a day for about a week.
- Lemon Juice:
Though lemon has its own acidity, it helps to lighten the darker shade of the skin. You can use just lemon juice or a mixture of it.
- Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once daily for a few weeks.
- Another option is to make a thick paste by mixing one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch of gram flour (besan) and turmeric powder. Apply this thick paste gently around your eyes. Rinse it off with clean water after 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat two or three times every week.
But if the lemon causes burning problems then you must avoid it for your skin.
It is not necessary to use every of these. If you choose only one way then you better continue doing it through the week. And last but not the least, you cannot but have to give your eyes the proper rest, otherwise all your beauty efforts will go in vain.