“Good guy goes to heaven, bad guy goes to Bangkok.’’ Well, technically the saying says Pattaya, but you’ll get the meaning once you go to Bangkok. The capital and the most populous city of Thailand, is the most attractive for its vibrant street life. Shopping, food, massages — you name it, they have it. Here are some things you’ll be crazy to miss if you’re planning on going there on your next vacation.
- Thai & Foot Massage: Going to the land of massages and not taking one? Not a good idea at all. Ranging from 250-1000 Baht, there are massage places on every corner. If you’re keen on relaxing after a long day under the scorching heat, this is the place for you.
- Traditional Food: Their traditional and one of the most famous desserts is mango with sticky rice. You can find it in literally every street and restaurant. The price ranges from 70-180 baht depending on whether you’re having it on a street side corner or a posh restaurant. Coconut ice cream with sticky rice is another dessert that’s a must try. Another popular street side dessert is a modified version of Mughlai paratha. They make it with eggs, bananas, both or with neither according to your preference which is priced from 20-40 Baht. And it tastes absolutely delicious.
- Beach: Although Bangkok doesn’t have any beaches, if you have a little extra time on your hand, you can visit one of the islands — Krabi, Pattaya, Hua Hin, and Phuket — just to get your chill mode on. There are a number of activities that you can do if you don’t want to hang around the beach all day. Parasailing, kayaking, surfing, jet skiing are some of the water sports you can try. In some beach side hotels, you can find bicycles that you can rent for an hour and go for a spin around the city. Don’t forget to try street seafood while you’re there.
- Shopping: It’s a known fact that Bangkok is a paradise for people who love shopping. There are countless malls and night markets all over the city. But it’ll be helpful to know what is your budget and exactly what it is that you’re looking for. Because most of the shops in the malls are expensive and prices are fixed. So, if you are looking for a place where you can bargain and have variety of choices, you can try the night markets. Also, there is generally a whole floor of shops inside a fancy mall that is within an affordable price range if you’re on a budget. For example, the ground floor of MBK Centre is an ideal place for that.
- Theme Parks: There are a number of famous theme parks in Thailand that are a must visit. Siam Park City and Dream World are two of Bangkok’s most famous amusement parks. There is a new billion dollar water park that opened in Pattaya named Cartoon Network Amazone. It is a water park based on everyone’s favourite cartoon network characters. Vana Nava is another water park situated in Hua Hin. Visiting theme parks and screaming your heart out on deadly rides is one of the best feelings you can ever have. Make sure to put it on your itinerary.
Bangkok is the perfect place for a combination of relaxation and adventure. You can have the time of your life there. Make sure you make the best of it. Happy travelling!